My name is Mckenna.
I am seventeen years old/young.
I am recovering from anorexia nervosa, even though I am still ambivalent in regards to making a full recovery. I also have minor purging (self-induced vomiting) tendencies, and struggles with self-harm.
Since returning from the Center for Change (treatment center) in January of 2013, after a four-month stay, my suicidal thoughts have lessened, much to my wonder.
But, besides my eating disorder, there are other things in life that I love:
- My Chemical Romance
- Family Guy
- Phantom of the Opera
- Wicked (musical)
- Rent (musical)
- Rock music in general; new or old
- and other randomness, so if I don’t post pro-recovery pictures and quotes all of the time, don’t be too surprised.
- Les Miserables (2012)
- Next to Normal
- Doctor Who
- Sam, Olivia, Jess, Jora, Em, Logyn, Sydney V, Maggie, Shaena, April, and more :)
Let me make this clear: I am not a fitspo blog, I am not a thinspo blog, I am not a pro-ana or pro-mia blog. I’m not even sure if I can call this a recovery blog because I’m human, a little sick, and have slips.
I post about various things because, though I am still searching for an identity separate from my eating disorder, I have moments where ‘the real me’ starts to shine through. And what is recovery without things that DON’T focus on anorexia, bulimia, starving yourself, weight , and most importantly: food??
If I lose followers because I’m not strictly a recovery or thinspo blog, that’s just fine. Depends on what kind of blog you’re looking to follow.
SOME FUN FACTS
1. I lived in Okinawa, Japan for two years.
2. I have a twin sister.
3. I went to the exact center that the documentary “Thin” was filmed at. Even recognized the staff members.
4. I play a little piano, used to play violin, can play a little guitar, and sing.
5. I am the only person in my family without an iPhone
6. I used to compulsively journal (HAD to write at least three to six pages a day and would journal in the car, in restaurants, etc) but now I just journal whenever I feel like I need to.
7. I just barely love tea more than coffee. They are both my inanimate lovers. (Don’t tell them that)
8. I won third place in a talent show in eighth grade singing “My Own Worst Enemy” by Idina Menzel. It did not go unnoticed how depressing a song it really is.
9. I have a Bichon named Slinky (male).
10. It’s - in earnest - scary how well I can imitate a guy’s voice if I try to sing a male’s part. Partly funny, partly creepy.
Musicals I’ve seen:
- Phantom of the Opera
- Little Women
- Legally Blonde (community theater)
- Next To Normal (community theater)
- Hairspray (^^)
- Nutcracker ballet (not a musical, but similar kind of thing)
Roles I would LOVE to play someday (ideally, but not in the least likely to ever happen):
- Natalie Goodman from Next To Normal
- Elphaba from Wicked
- Christine from Phantom of the Opera (HAH!)
- Ensemble member/junkie from Rent
- Eponine from Les Miserables